User Groups are groups with specific sales commission rates and discount rates, into which users can be assigned. User groups apply for Organization, Instructor, and student user roles.
You may assign users to user groups with different options in order to increase the flexibility of the system.
User Groups help to:
- Categorize users (For example: Loyal students, VIP students, General students)
- Create custom commission rates for instructors and organizations (For example: VIP instructors will get 50% sales commission)
- Award extra discount for users (For example: 20% of commissions for the Loyal Student group)
- Increase user retention and loyalty by creating different user groups.
Creating a New User Group:
- Navigate to the “Admin panel/ Users section/ Groups/ New”
- Fill out the required data according to your needs and click on the “Save” button.
- You do not need to fill in both the commission and discount fields. If you want to create a group with a specific commission rate, you should fill in the related field and if you want to create a group with just a specific discount rate, just complete the related field and leave the commission rate field blank.
- If you want, you can also use both the “Commission” and “Discount” fields at the same time.
- If the commission text field is filled, the main commission rate (Defined in the financial settings) will be ignored.
- If you want to disable a user group, you do not always have to delete it, but rather, just change its status to “Disabled”
Commission rates are applicable just for instructors and organizations, whereas discounts apply for all user types.
Adding users to a user group:
- Open the User Groups list and click on the “Edit” button in the "Actions" column.
- Assign the target users to the intended specific group using the “users” field.
- Type the user name and the system will search in the user's list.
- Select your target user and add them to the list.
- To remove a specific user from a group, click on the “x” button.