ICT 'For Teaching' and 'For Learning'
Harnessing The Power of Meaningful ICT
What is ‘ICT for Learning’ & ‘ICT for Teaching’?
Deploying an ICT solution that complies with the education goals set by modern governments seeking world-class competence and competitiveness can be very complex. It is far more than just plugging computers into electrical sockets and dumping them on desks for students and teachers to tinker with as experimentation to ‘discover’ what they can use computers for. Using ICT in education is referred to as follows:
Part of What We Provide
Using ICT in education involves using information and communications technology to support, enhance, and optimise the delivery of information to learners. This is facilitated by the following, among others:
- A full digital institution administration module
- Interactive smart boards
- Computers and audio equipment
- The internet and reliable data connections
- Online learning resources
- Online homework (in digital form)
- Online tutorials and group work
- Online library services