Duration: 2021-08-04 - 2022-08-31
Job Position: Receptionist
No 112 Churchill Avenue Gunhill Harare
The position of receptionist consists of answering inquiries and obtaining information for general public, customers, visitors, and other interested parties. It also consists of providing information regarding activities conducted at establishment; location of departments, offices, and employees within ExpertEase Group (Pty) Ltd.
- Receive cash payments from clients and process them on the company accounting system
- Collect, sort, distribute and prepare mail, messages and courier deliveries;
- Manage filing system and maintain records;
- Greet persons entering establishment, determine nature and purpose of visit, and direct or escort them to specific destinations;
- Act as frontline staff for receiving, recording and resolving complaints from customers and the public;
- Operate telephone switchboard to answer, screen and forward and log calls, providing information, taking messages and scheduling meetings and appointments;
- Perform administrative support tasks such as preparing and editing, proofreading, transcribing handwritten information, and operating calculators or computers to work with pay records, invoices, balance sheets and other documents;
- Process and prepare memos, correspondence, travel vouchers, or other documents;
- Provide information about establishment such as location of departments or offices, employees within the organization, or services provided;
- Order supplies;
- Performing basic accounting tasks by receiving payment and recording receipts for services;
- Transmit information or documents to customers, using a computer, mail, or facsimile machine.
Qualifications and requirements
- A high school diploma or equivalent;
- Ability to give full attention to what other people are saying, to actively look for ways to help people, and to adjust actions in relation to others' actions.
Competencies (in order of importance)
- Dependability — Job requires being reliable, responsible, and dependable, and fulfilling obligations in a timely manner that enables clients’ needs to be negotiated and delivered in good time.
- Attention to Detail — Job requires being careful about detail and thorough in completing work tasks.
- Integrity — Job requires being honest and ethical.
- High standard communication skills – Job requires you to communicate with clients in clear English and to communicate clearly with clients of the ExpertEase service offering.
- Self-Control — Job requires maintaining composure, keeping emotions in check, controlling anger, and avoiding aggressive behavior, even in very difficult situations.
- Cooperation — Job requires being pleasant with others on the job and displaying a good-natured, cooperative attitude.
Lines of communication
- This job belongs to the Office Administration department, which is headed by the Centre Manager.
- This position is full time. The working hours for this position are 40 Hours per week.